Amazon made a couple of announcements at there AWS re:Invent 2022 (29. November) in Las Vegas. Here are some of the things I picked up and found interesting.
3rd generation Graviton processor
- 25% faster & use 60% LESS energy
- Way to many different instance types
- We should start building for ARM
Amazon OpenSearch Serverless
- Preview: Amazon OpenSearch Serverless – Run Search and Analytics Workloads without Managing Clusters | AWS News Blog
- A Serverless product was long desired and rumored.
- For me this is not it as when i get the pricing structure correct it does not scale to zero.
Amazon Security Lake
- Preview: Amazon Security Lake – A Purpose-Built Customer-Owned Data Lake Service | AWS News Blog
- Collect and analyze security data using OCSF.
One more thing that is not from AWS re:Invent but still quite new. Node.js 18.x runtime now available in AWS Lambda.